When you want to contact a company / institution to make yourself known, you have to take into account if you do:
· As a spontaneous candidacy, because you have an interest in working in that company.
· In response to a published offer.
· Because it has been known that they are looking for personnel through a person (internal or external to the company).
In all options, you must make a personalized wording, trying to show points of coincidence and affinity between the vacancy (or possible vacancy) to the company / institution and the training and professional trajectory of those who want to make themselves known.
Do not overdo it or put excessive descriptive adjectives to look like what you are not.
You have to be objective, concrete and explain things in a clear and understandable way.
This presentation brief (which is usually the text of an email) will be the first impression that the company / institution will have and it must be thought that, based on the wording and content, more or less interest will be generated to see the curriculum that I accompanied him.
That is why you have to take great care of the expression and spelling (there are many dictionaries and proofreaders online).
The structure and data that should be included are:
· Initial greeting, examples:
"Gentlemen, ladies," (if the name of the person to whom you should go is unknown).
"Mr. X," (X = name and / or last name of the person, if the name of the person to be addressed is known).
· Presentation (first paragraph):
Why do you get in touch (for example: so you know that you are looking for a professional in the field of X).
Where the vacancy information was taken (for example: because a job offer has been seen published in X).
· Important points of the curriculum that are relevant and linked to what the company / institution does or needs (second and third paragraphs, as necessary to explain):
Experience in the same sector or professional field.
Acquired skills, technical and transversal.
Basic specific knowledge for the job.
· Closure and interview request (final paragraph), examples:
"I would be grateful if you could contact me to be able to make an interview with you and thus expand the most important points of my professional profile."
"I am waiting for an interview with you to have the opportunity to expand the detailed information in my curriculum."
· Farewell, examples:
"I am waiting for your news,"
"Thanking you in advance for your attention, receive a cordial greeting,"
· Personal, contact information:
Name and surname.
Contact email address.