Who You’ll Work With
In this dynamic, customer-facing role, you will partner directly with Solutions Account Managers and an extended team to position sophisticated software and hardware solutions focused on solving the business and technical problems of our customer. In that capacity, you will be part of a multinational specialist/account team serving the customer and you will rely on an extended network of Cisco services professionals and Technical teams, with close support of your sales leadership/executives.
Who You Are
This is an ideal position for someone who has a proven track record in Service Provider or Private Sector or Public Sector sales and specifically Optical/DWDM experience,
where building and stepping up high-performance sales strategies in a fast-paced technology environment comes naturally.
You should excel in presenting technical architectures, solutions and products to key decision-makers from Managers to Directors and above. She or he should be comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences.
• 7+ years related experience.
• Cisco product experience or meaningful experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
• Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
• Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• Highly proactive
• Willing to travel
• Understanding of the Service Provider Business
• Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
• Can foster and has fostered long-term, trusted relationships with SP customers
• Understand networking industry, including keeping updated on products and solutions.
• Have the ability to recognize industry shifts in their early stages, helping Cisco to fulfill the market needs of today whilst creating markets through the innovative use of Cisco and related technologies.
• Advanced knowledge in Optical, Routing, Access, Automation, Orchestration, Data Centre Technologies
• Knowledge in Software-Defined Networking and Programmability
• Excellent technical consulting skills, including the ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Optical/DWDM transport equipment, switches, & routers.
• Proficiency with DWDM/Optical/Optics design considerations, terms, theory
• Proficiency in crafting DWDM and optical networks, including knowledge of ROADM, optical amplification, optical components and transceivers, etc.
• Fundamentals of applicable network protocols and interfaces (SDH, OTN, Ethernet, MPLS, IP)
• Strong digital literacy and telecom/networking SW applications
• Knowledge of Transport network resiliency approach: Protection, Restoration, Multi-layer
• Optical market business knowledge
• Excellent written, oral communication, listening and presentation skills
• English is a pre-requisite, whilst additional languages are a plus
• Proficiency in Optical, IP, MPLS and Segment Routing protocols, applications, and resiliency methods
• Data/telecom technical school and University.
• Cisco optical equipment experience.
• Data Center Interconnect protocols