Job Family Group Description - Finance:
Gathers jobs supporting the business through financial services, such as business planning and performance analysis, risk management, tax and administration.
Job Family Description -Accounting and Consolidation:
Oversees the maintenance of our company’s general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets and payrolls.
Sub-Job Family Description - Accounting/Administration:
Supports our business by performing professional accounting work involving the compilation, consolidation and analysis of financial data.
Tax Coordinator will be responsible for handling various Tax Compliance requirements (Direct & Indirect) for the entities primarily based in Middle East. The primary goal will be keep track of all the Tax filing requirements (internal and external) along with due dates and ensure timely completion of the same. Should be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the applicable laws and has an eye for attention to detail.
- Well versed with Taxation (Direct and Indirect) structure in GCC and South Africa.
- Prepare Monthly/Quarterly VAT returns (UAE, Bahrain, Qatar-when effective) and ensures these are filed on timely basis.
- Prepares all the necessary workings to support the Tax filing.
- Maintains the Tax Receivable and Tax Payable balances in General Ledger.
- Prepare the necessary documentation required for Tax audits in Kuwait and South Africa.
- Handle Taxation related queries from all stakeholders, Internal & External (Group Tax team, Federal Tax Authority, etc.).
- Assess and research complex tax issues and propose solutions.
- Provides recommendation to the Finance team to ensure accounting records are aligned to the tax laws.
- Keeps herself/himself updated with tax laws and communicate the compliance requirements to each department.
- Perform periodic reviews to ensure that applicable tax laws are applied correctly.
- Bachelor’s in Commerce - Finance & Accounting or similar
- CA Inter or ACCA candidates preferred
- Minimum three years of UAE experience in a similar profile
- Audit experience is mandatory
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of AS400 – Hyperion – Oracle JDE (ERP) is preferred