Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice in the US and Navigant’s deep global expertise in energy, financial services, and healthcare. With a unique blend of large firm resources and an entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your purpose, passion, and expertise transform organizations.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure.
Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the company has 7,000+ professionals in more than 50 locations globally.
- At Guidehouse, it is a responsibility and a privilege to use our skills and experience to support the communities that support us. Our passionate team combats some of our communities’ most pressing challenges through active volunteering and thoughtful giving. Learn more about our corporate citizenship programs at https://guidehouse.com/about/corporate-citizenship.
- Guidehouse’s Inclusion & Diversity program is committed to fostering a progressive work environment that creates awareness, supports an open exchange of ideas, and encourages a collaborative culture. Learn more about how Guidehouse is fostering a progressive work environment that creates awareness, supports an open exchange of ideas, and encourages a collaborative culture at https://guidehouse.com/careers/inclusion-and-diversity.
- Guidehouse is committed to setting science-based emissions reduction targets through the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi). Through its commitment to SBTi, Guidehouse joins other leading companies that agree to set emissions reduction targets in line with climate science. Read our full ESG report and learn more about our internal programs and practices to reduce our own impact at https://guidehouse.com/about/environmental-sustainability.
If you’re passionately motivated to make a difference and deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your career opportunities at www.guidehouse.com.
Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure:
Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I;) professionals collaborate with utilities and energy providers, investors and large corporations, NGOs and the public sector to create sustainable, resilient communities and infrastructure. We provide strategic, policy, and management consultancy across the energy value chain aimed at furthering the energy transition. Our strength lies in our strategic understanding of the complex relationship between policy, technology, and business, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice and transformational change for our clients.
Our Energy Providers (EP) team serves the transforming value chain of energy and utility companies in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Our team is at the forefront of the design of strategies and the implementation of the new commercial models and technologies needed to equip our energy systems with decentralised, decarbonized, and digitalized sources or energy such as renewables, storage, and electric-mobility; increase the flexibility between power and other energy systems such as hydrogen; improve interconnectivity between regions and between supply and demand; and deliver services powered by data resulting from the digitalisation of the energy system.
We are looking for someone to join our International Energy Providers market team in the UAE as a Managing Consultant or Associate Director, depending on your level of experience.
Your work will focus on strategy and transformational engagements supporting power and water utility companies in the UAE and broader GCC region such as TAQA and DEWA as well as other players across the regional energy value chain.
Your work will focus on diverse topics and assignments related to energy strategy, business model development, regulation, power and gas markets, business transformation and low carbon energy solutions, such as hydrogen, biofuels, renewable power, and distributed energy resources.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with regional and international leadership to grow the energy providers practice in the UAE, with a particular focus on regional energy companies, throughEngaging with potential clients to understand their key challenges and needsDefining a compelling value proposition aligned with the client’s needsSupporting development of client sales opportunities, focused especially on integrated energy companies but not limited to thisCollaborating to build compelling new solution offerings that resonate with target clients
- Delivering successful consulting engagements by:Project managing multiple and/or more complex consulting engagementsCompleting engagements at or above targeted profitability through effective management of project scope, client expectations and team productivityGenerating new and unique ideas and using solid judgment to determine which ideas will have greatest likelihood of successBeing an effective part of the local team while engaging with international teams and networks for subject matter expertsPlaying a key role in the execution of innovative solutions and application of technical knowledge and best practices
- Mentoring and managing local junior staff
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out high quality client work. Our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and an acute focus on maximizing client value and building relationships over time.
- Must currently be based in the UAE
- 8+ years professional experience either in professional services, strategy, or management consulting or with a power and utility company or other large energy player
- Demonstrated experience positioning and delivering consulting and / or business solutions
- Business case or proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with multiple subject matter experts providing input
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills
- A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving
- A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in diverse teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Willingness to travel internationally where possible
- Ability to work fluently in English (written and spoken)
- University degree with a focus on economics, business, technology, engineering, mathematics, or science
- Local UAE and regional professional network
- Experience working with water/ wastewater utilities
- Demonstrated business process re-engineering skills related to utility/ large energy players
- Basic understanding of utility security systems
- Relationships with energy companies that support business development and enable improved understanding of needs
- Knowledge and experience in power or gas systems, grid infrastructure, grid integration of decentralised sources, digitalisation of the energy sector and/or power markets
- Knowledge and experience in industry topics such as: sustainability, the hydrogen economy, advanced energy technologies, renewable energy, distributed generation, electricity generation, utility regulation, power / or gas sales
- Fluency in Arabic is beneficial