Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
Purpose of the position
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in the growth and expansion of BSI’s CSIR offerings, primarily in the UAE market. This will be accomplished by two means, continued organic sales growth and leveraging existing client relationships within other parts of the BSI business. You will be responsible for developing and managing direct client relationships and expanding existing channel relationships with the UAE Commercial Sales teams including BSI business stream practice leaders and business development managers.
In this role, you will be able to identify, develop, nurture,
and integrate solutions and opportunities representing the full CSIR services suite with businesses. This includes client prospecting, further development of existing accounts, and collaboration with the global CSIR and UAE marketing teams. The BSI CSIR UAE business is entering a high growth period within the expanding cybersecurity and data governance market. You will be expected to serve as a “Trusted Advisor”, building and establishing trust and gaining commitment from clients and prospects in support of the business achieving double-digit growth.
BSI CSIR is a trusted and respected entity amongst our existing client base and within the cybersecurity industry. Our brand and reputation are critically important to us and you will be expected to preserve and expand our standing within the marketplace. You will be supported by an outstanding team of marketing, business operations, and service delivery professionals; as such, teamwork will be critical to success in this role. You will be expected to work independently with little supervision and to serve as part of a team in certain occasions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Client acquisition – in line with the growth ambitions of the business, generating new sales and business opportunities through net new business is essential
- Client retention – as well as “hunting”, there will be an element of retaining and growing current or existing accounts in line with the growth plans for the business
- Client reactivation – analyzing and coordination our clients file and reactivating any dormant or lapsed clients that had dealt with the business previously
- Profitability and margin – in line with day rates and profitability goals, sales need to be secured with profitability front and center as well as the client’s needs and requirements
- Client-centricity – one of our core excellence behaviors, have a client first lens and everything should be done with a client focus at the heart of all our business dealings and interactions
- Collaborate with the UAE Commercial Team’s Business Development Directors in line with unlocking new opportunities with existing accounts and establishing new relationships with these clients.
- Collaborate with the UAE Assurance BDMs and practice leaders to win new CSIR business
- Pipeline and sales funnel management – Nurture opportunities in the UAE pipeline to closed/won and look to grow these accounts across the CSIR suite of products and services
- Ensure alignment and adherence with the sales process from lead, to presales, to closed/won
- Manage the proposal development process and ensure alignment with the global operations excellence
Additional Responsibilities & Accountabilities to target
- Support the key account management program for UAE CSIR, aligning closely to the Key Account Management (KAM) program being set up across the business
- Account growth management – Grow accounts with up sell and cross sell opportunities
- Work closely with Practice team members and Operations in the support of the UAE sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Cross Regional Sales Teams and Practices where global opportunities become apparent.
- Align with marketing for any lead generation opportunities and new business targets
- Provide sales support across the business
- Collaborate with UAE BDDs, Knowledge Solutions and Assurance colleagues to expand the reach of CSIR
- Provide CSIR representation at UAE events that push the brand and value proposition for CSIR
- Provide clear, concise, and timely report into our sales and operational management systems.
- Strong telephone, written, and face to face communication skills
- Virtual sales ability with proven track record both pre and post pandemic
- Ability to create accurate proposals and sales presentations
- Ability to articulate our value proposition to prospective and current clients
- Strong planning and organizational skills to prioritize proposals appropriately
- Accurately define requirements, including buying processes, budget, and positioning against competition, and other qualifying information which positively affect potential sales
- Able to question effectively to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs to identify up-selling opportunities. Able to provide a range of targeted solutions to the customer
- Accurately summarize clients’ needs
- Act as a team player by building good relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to handle objections by using knowledge and experience to provide solutions
- Gain customer commitment and building trust as working through the sales lifecycle
- Personal presentation consistent with “BSI Ambassador” status
- Experience with cybersecurity services such as penetration testing and information assurance and data governance services like privacy management and data protection beneficial
- Experience with enterprise technology / SaaS based sales also advantageous
- Ensure understanding of business and personal value of CSIR product/service to the client
- Awareness of the key organizations involved in cybersecurity and privacy ISACA, ISC2, CSA, IAPP, etc.
- Awareness of major security frameworks such as PCI DSS, ISO 27K, SOC 2, CMMC
- Remain up to date with developments in cybersecurity and be able explain the CSIR services and products to clients
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Fluent Arabic and English speaking required
- 10 years’ experience plus of client-facing sales / new business development
- Extensive experience in building accounts in terms of new product development and client development
- Multiple years’ experience in working with a geographically widespread team
Key Result Areas
- UAE sales and profitability metrics of the overall budget
- Average revenue per account and average order value (AOV) increase
- Account growth management and tangible CSIR upsell opportunities
- New business development and continuity in the UAE
- CSIR representation across the chosen markets
Key Performance Indicators
- Profitable sales and revenue growth
- Day rate and project profitability metrices
- Gross profit and profit margins
- Average revenue per account (ARPA)
- Define Sales Goals (farming & hunting)
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.