Marketing Science Partner, MENA
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for an ad efficacy, measurement, analytics,
and attribution practitioner to join us as a Marketing Science Partner for the MENA region. This is a crucial, highly cross-functional, and high impact role in one of Snap’s most important regions. As a Marketing Science Partner, you will be working alongside other Marketing Scientists to help develop, promote and implement Snap measurement internally to the region’s business teams, and externally to our clients and the broader advertising industry. You will guide advertisers on how to understand the efficacy of their campaigns, and help them execute the right tests/research. You will be a member of the International Marketing Science team with responsibilities that will impact Snap’s business globally.
As an ideal candidate, you possess strong knowledge of omni-channel brand & performance ad measurement, and are familiar with conducting business in this region. You have a strong understanding of ad measurement technologies (e.g. pixels, mobile measurement partners, multi-touch attribution, lift testing) and local/global research vendors & their capabilities. You are able to articulate learning agendas to executives at client firms and their media agencies, and conduct the required testing and analysis to execute them. You are fully self-sufficient/creative in finding ways to get at the data and insights needed to tell the right story.
This is an Individual Contributor (IC) role, based in Dubai. You’ll have lots of client and leadership exposure, direct collaboration with Product, and client-facing teams, and play a key role in driving advertiser and revenue growth in one of our most exciting regions.
What you’ll do:
- At the direction of the Marketing Science Regional Lead you will own and manage client-specific learning agendas geared toward helping advertisers grow their investment profitably on Snap
- Conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and media.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Science and other cross functional teams in the region to highlight Snap’s value proposition to advertisers and the industry at large by drawing upon internal insights & research, or recommending any 1st or 3rd party research needed
- Serve as the day-to-day trusted measurement consultant for key strategic advertiser relationships.
- Contribute and provide efforts to work with advertisers, agencies, industry trade bodies, and other external stakeholders to advance ad measurement practices
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Clear and concise communication; comfortable with presenting insights and recommendations to senior leadership
- Understand concepts, measurement solutions, and underlying statistical fundamentals of the ads efficacy and measurement ecosystem
- Access, analyze, interpret, and communicate ads performance insights using a wide range of standard data science tooling
- Proficiency in advanced analytical tools (e.g. SQL, R, SAS) as well as measurement solutions including brand and conversion lift
- Understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data-mining techniques
- A strong understanding of Snapchat and the digital advertising and measurement ecosystem
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Maths/Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Business (Masters or undergrad + equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of ad efficacy and insights research experience at a leading ad platform, agency, or research firm.
- Strong knowledge of ad measurement ecosystem (e.g., closed loop solutions, lift testing, multi-touch attribution, app install measurement, reach/audience) and industry trends
- Experience working with sales teams in an analytic/quantitative capacity
- A track record of nuanced data-driven insights to a range of audiences
- Hands-on data analysis experience with standard technical tools like SQL, R, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Self-starter who is equally comfortable presenting to executives as being “plugged in” and writing queries/code