Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 268 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Business Analyst Intern to join our International Sales Team for 6-9 months during their placement year! Working closely with the sales leadership, Account Executive/Manager teams and sales operations, you will be tasked at helping provide increased visibility and insights into our advertisers and business across EMEA. We are looking for someone who is passionate about understanding customer success and someone who has a passion for using data to make decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct data analysis, spotting data trends, performing gap analysis, generating reports, and recommending improvements to the current business metric collection process
- Identity and pull data insights from Snap’s data and analytics tooling ecosystem (Looker, Mercury, etc.)
- Identify performance trends across auction campaigns to fuel optimization recommendations; evangelize best practices across the account management group
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to support business initiatives
- Work to support regional sales teams to provide real time analysis for auction campaigns; influence incremental spend through data driven upsell recommendations
- Adopt latest tools and develop use cases and best practices; share across the sales team
- Have proficient knowledge of Snap’s data and analytics tooling ecosystem (Looker, Mercury, etc.)
- Work with sales team on creating analysis to form client narrative for Quarterly Business Reviews with key accounts
- Investigate and explore new market development opportunities for our international sales team, using third party market sizing tools (AppAnnie, Crunchbase, etc.)
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or equivalent with a maths, data science, MBA, or a related area of study
- Advanced proficiency with excel or Google sheets.
- SQL awareness and knowledge
- Currently located in Dubai
- Data-driven and analytical mindset
- Proven track record of crafting actionable insights from data
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an agile, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial, data-driven, and analytical mindset
- Someone who excels at using tech to improve workflows and create efficiencies
- Some experience of business intelligence tools such as SQL, Tableau, and Looker