Hexagon AB are a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications. Hexagon AB have announced the launch of the Smart Build portfolio, a construction solution for reality capture, project planning, project controls, work package management, construction layout, and construction management.
The AEC (architecture, engineering, and construction) industry continues to leverage digital solutions and take giant leaps towards digital and business transformation to increase efficiency and productivity across traditionally siloed disciplines with collaborative, integrated and automated workflows.
Hexagon has, over the last years,
increased its relevance in the AEC space by providing market-leading solutions that optimize workflows and connect office and field operations over the building’s lifecycle – from design/engineering to construction and maintenance.
To further accelerate market adoption and more effectively address Hexagon’s broad capabilities and full potential in the AEC market, Hexagon are expanding their global organisation and are looking to hire Industry Consultants / Senior Industry Consultants in several global locations.
In this position, individuals are responsible for working with the sales team to understand the customers business needs and develop a strategy to achieve the desired outcomes. By nature, this position requires in-depth understanding of the day-to-day workings of major AEC, Buildings & Infrastructure projects, and organizations. AEC Industry Consultants must have the ability to work independently but will also be part of a larger team focused on selling and delivering software solutions to this market.
- Support and collaborate with Sales teams in preparation for and during customer engagement.
- Demonstrate the benefits of HxGN Smart Build portfolio to meet customers’ business needs
- Represent Hexagon at AEC conferences, webinars and all customer facing presentations.
- Build standardized business cases for implementing Smart Build portfolio
- Conduct workshops, evaluations and assessments of the customers’ business practices, work processes, and technical environments to make recommendations based on HxGN Smart Build portfolio.
- Train and support customers in pilot and full implementations
- Ensure customer success by developing AEC Construction Technology / BIM strategies and implementation plans and supporting early use of the portfolio at the customer site.
- Test software / hardware solutions and provide feedback to solution design on a regular basis.
- Act as industry expert when interfacing with external research consultants to develop competitive analysis and evaluation of both internal and external construction technology solutions.
- Engage with the AEC knowledge community and customer base by active participation and leadership in forums, conferences, and professional organizations.
- Knowledge of buildings and infrastructure construction industry
- Knowledge BIM (Building Information Modelling) work processes
- Strong understanding of construction project estimating, planning, budgeting and reporting processes.
- Strong listening skills with ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical skills and logical, methodical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to quickly build relationships and establish credibility at all levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent at presenting at all levels within an organisation
- Self-motivated and able to work without detailed day to day management
- A good team player
- Willing and able to travel 50%
- Education to degree and / or 10 years of relevant knowledge
What’s on offer?
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package and a commitment to your personal and professional growth, we offer you a great international working environment and excellent opportunities to grow your career in a dynamic environment.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
empowers its clients to transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 21,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.9bn EUR. Learn more at and follow us
© 2021 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete a background and/or reference check. If this is required you will be notified in advance, and be asked for your authorisation before the check takes place.
All details will be provided via the background check policy.