SS&C; is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C; is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C;'s products and services.
SS&C; Advent is an independent business unit of SS&C; Technologies and a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the investment management industry worldwide.
Our 4000+ clients across 50+ countries include asset managers, wealth managers, banks, family offices, fund managers, fund administrators and prime brokers. Our solutions streamline their processes for portfolio management, trading and order management, compliance, portfolio accounting, performance analytics, reporting and more.
We are seeking a talented and service-minded person to join our team at SS&C; Advent as a Consultant.
In this role, you will help our clients across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific optimize business workflows, by implementing and advising on technology solutions to streamline their processes, for increased efficiencies and reduced operational risk.
As a Consultant, you will work closely with our clients to implement and maintain our technology solutions in their front-to-back office environments. Typical tasks include workflow analysis, business requirement specification, system configuration, data conversion, specification of custom deliverables, system testing, user training and client communication. You will also advise on potential enhancements to clients’ technology stack and processes. Given the geographical spread of our client base, this role is ideal for candidates who are flexible in terms of travelling, and enjoy exploring different cultures and business practices across the globe.
This is a unique opportunity to blend financial industry knowledge with technology skills, in a vibrant, international work environment. You get to tap into the knowledge of leading financial institutions as well as our experienced team, to learn and develop skills that will ultimately help you progress your career, and grow a solid network within the fin-tech industry.
- Deliver business and technical consulting services of high quality as part of implementation projects.
- Be the dedicated Implementation Consultant and own specific deliverables within projects, or be responsible for the entire delivery of a project, depending on size and complexity of the engagement.
- Work with clients to understand their business as well as their requirements, and then design and implement new or enhanced business workflows using the SS&C; Advent technology stack.
- Deliver bespoke user training on SS&C; Advent’s systems and business processes.
- Understand the technology and integration landscape of clients, and be able to evaluate and recommend enhancements.
- Configure the SS&C; Advent systems according to the agreed specifications and client requirements, following industry best practices.
- Be able to communicate clearly to clients and ensure that the correct expectations are set throughout the entire project.
- Contribute to senior strategic and service review meetings with clients as necessary.
- Ensure all services are provided at the highest standards, to ensure client satisfaction.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients, and handle issues related to any aspect of the services provided.
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal teams and stakeholders, and collaborate across regions to constantly improve how we service and support our clients.
- Work with our technology team and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Good business knowledge of the investment management industry.
- Relevant work experience (consulting, asset management or financial software).
- Strong IT/technical skills (MS Windows, MS SQL, MS IIS, integration tools, reporting tools, scheduling, networks and databases).
- Understanding & strong experience of financial instruments (stocks, bonds, funds, derivatives, private equity).
- Postgraduate degree.
- Prior knowledge of SS&C; Advent systems is a strong plus, but not a requirement.
- A positive client-, team- and solution oriented attitude.
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for knowledge and eager to learn.
- Effective and efficient researcher.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize and meet priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
- Flexibility to travel to different regions if required.
- Flexible working hours based on client engagement.
At SS&C; Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We are proud of our unique business culture, founded on the passion of our people, dedicated to the success of our clients. As a company, we reward innovation and professionalism, and support personal development. We invest in our employees through offering competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training opportunities, and employee programs to promote a healthy work-life balance and personal well-being. Our culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. Therefore, we hope to see you bring your unique perspective and talent to SS&C; Advent, and thrive!
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C; Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C; offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C; Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.