Office Manager at Checkout.com :
We are actively seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Office Manager to take care of the smooth running and general happiness of our fast-growing Dubai office. As our first People Experience hire in the MENA region you will also be responsible for all office related matters in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
This role requires a ‘can-do’ attitude, always thinking two steps ahead. Passion and enthusiasm will be key, driving forward new processes and procedures as we scale. This role also provides a great opportunity for progression and growth.
About the team:
The People Team’s mission is to drive Checkout.com’s success through our greatest asset - our people.
How do we make this happen? Through a progressive approach and passionate team that has the employee experience at its core.
The People Experience team is one of the five pillars of our People department – our mission is to enable our people by creating a seamless and connected experience inside and outside the workplace.
We look after five core programs: Build - Global Real Estate Home - Workspace Management Safe - Health, Safety and Security Together - Internal Events Stronger - Wellbeing
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team and build a successful global company, together.
- 3+ years in a similar/comparable role
- Good understanding of building compliance and relevant legislation
- First Aid and Fire Warden certification preferable
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements seamlessly
- Highly organised with a key attention to detail
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive, always thinking one step ahead
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on, always ready to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for the team
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact at all levels within the organisation
What you will be doing:
- Being the first point of contact for all People Experience (office) matters
- Providing a first class visitor experience
- Answering the phone professionally, taking messages and transferring calls
- Managing office supplies, vendors, catering, courier logistics, meeting room bookings and other operational tasks
- Supporting office renovation and relocation projects
- Conducting maintenance audits and organizing repairs
- Budget planning
- Administering office access passes and maintaining accuracy within our security database
- Managing first aid team, fire warden team and associated supplies
- Assisting the central People Experience team with ad-hoc projects
- Ensuring health and safety compliance across offices within MENA
- Coordinating office activities and events
What we stand for At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here . More about Checkout.com We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion. We believe in equal opportunities Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.