At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
As a Gensler Design Manager in our UAE office, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients.
It’s your job to collaborate with a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled architectural projects. With you as part of the design team, architecture has never been so engaging. You will leverage your technical acumen with base building architecture in Revit to drive client projects from concept through build in a collaborative team while mentoring your team members.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Manage communication between project team, client, vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produce innovative, technical, constructible solutions
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Responsible for oversight and delivery of documents with design intent and top-notch technical quality
- Maintain and oversee the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance of project
- Review and contribute to proposals and contracts with the Design Manager
- Ensure projects conform to contract
- Actively lead teams for successful delivery of projects
- Manage client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- 10+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success with base building architecture and construction phase experience
- Experience with office and mixed-use buildings is highly preferred
- Highly proficient with Revit
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Full knowledge of architectural principles and practices
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle and design process through post-occupancy
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborative and team-conscious
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships through successful project delivery
Your Design Technology Qualifications
- Familiarity with the BIM project lifecycle through design, construction and operational phases.
- Understanding of BIM deliverables and terminology in contracts.
- Experience in collaboration within the BIM context, including cloud-based markups, consultant coordination and clash detection.
- Experience in establishing and managing BIM teams for project design and delivery.
- Experience in managing design teams with Revit/Rhino/Grasshopper skills.
- Understanding of real-time rendering processes within the context of BIM and parametric workflows.
- Understanding of the capabilities and application of Information Management tools such as Aconex, Asite, Newforma, etc.
Please submit resume and work samples for consideration. Applications without samples may not be considered.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests. We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.