At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines – from master planning to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building,
we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Gensler UAE is seeking an Interior Designer with a strong passion for design. In this position, you will collaborate with our Design Directors and design leadership on a variety of exciting hospitality, commercial, mixed-use, entertainment and retail projects. The role is based across both Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices so could suit someone based in either location.
What You Will Do
- An integral part of the design team, leads towards a cohesive and rational design solution which conforms to the project brief and is technically, legally and financially responsible
- Guides skill development of junior designers
- Contributes to and reinforces the “team effort” method of producing design projects
- Takes responsibility for implementing approved briefing approach
- Prepares the design analysis and research
- Leads project meetings at discretion of Design Manager
- Solves complex design problems through schematic design and design development
- Oversees the preparation of graphic materials for presentation to client
- Researches and recommends appropriate systems, materials and finishes
- Present design schemes and documents to the client with the Design Manager
- Oversees the design development package for production
- Works with Technical coordinator and technical team to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents
- With Design Manager, liaises as necessary with client on issues of design
- Developing strategic planning, conceptual designs, design development, and production
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents
- Provides design support for completion and execution of design projects.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Participates in selection of FF&E; color palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications
- Participation in business development effort
- Participate in exciting design and research projects and bring a new perspective to what we do for our clients
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- 6+ year’s professional experience including proven track record of contributing to the design of commercial, retail or hospitality interiors projects
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of design
- Strong planning abilities and have the ability to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Strong skills in client relationship management and presentation
- Experience taking projects through to site delivery and construction
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
- Proficiency in the use of Revit and other 3D computer design programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications specifically InDesign
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Your Design Technology Qualifications
- Deep knowledge and experience in Autodesk Revit for design authoring, documentation, data extracts and project delivery
- Familiarity with Performance Design software such as Autodesk Insight, Sefaira, Diva, and/or Ladybug tools
- Deep understanding of Real-Time Visualization development within the context of BIM, specifically in the use of Enscape and/or Twinmotion with Revit and Rhino
- Experience in collaboration within the BIM context, including cloud-based markups, consultant coordination and clash detection
- Experience in strategic planning, setup of BIM projects, and troubleshooting, specifically in the context of Revit and allied workflows
- Understanding of and experience in Rhinoceros for design authoring
- Familiarity and some experience with Computational Design applications such as Grasshopper and/or Dynamo
- Understanding of the capabilities and application of Information Management tools such as Aconex, Asite, Newforma, etc.
- Working knowledge in the use of VR walkthroughs and panoramas for client presentations, consultant coordination and internal design reviews
- Understanding of the interoperability workflows between the various design tools throughout all the stages of a project
Please submit work samples with your resume and cover letter.
Life at Gensler
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Come and be a part of our .
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us . We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.