American Hospital Dubai
A registered professional Nurse provides direct patient care and coordinates patient care-related activities using the scientific process of nursing and abides by AHD nursing standards of care and practice.
- Demonstrates problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Demonstrates current Endoscopy nursing knowledge with ability to recognize and apply basic pathophysiology in the disease process.
- Demonstrates competent technical nursing skills; medications are administered safely and according to policies and procedures, physicians are assisted with patient examinations and specialized procedures,
proficiency is demonstrated with IV therapy and dressings etc.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required in recognizing potential emergency situations; codes and other emergency situations are managed competently. Actively participates in mock codes.
- Develops individualized care plans based on the nursing diagnosis, with updated revisions according to evaluation and re-assessment findings. Activities of daily living e.g. hygiene needs are considered in daily care planning.
- Demonstrates attention to discharge planning; discharge planning is addressed on admission, on-going and as care plans are modified. Discharge and transfer procedures are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Provides accurate, complete and prompt reports on patient care conditions and response to treatment.
- Nursing documentation is informative, complete, accurate, concise and legible.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based on the latest research and established standards of practice. Completes all Core Competencies for nursing as well as applicable Unit Specific Competencies within prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrates awareness and knowledge of Infection Control, Pain Management and Wound Care practices and standards. Reports and documents as directed in the relevant policies and procedures.
- Understands the responsibilities of safe handling, and administration of Narcotic / Controlled Drugs and documentation as directed by policies and procedures.
- Performs special procedures (Endoscopy procedure e.g. procedural sedation, GI and Pulmonary procedures etc.) in accordance to procedures and guidelines, following orders and appropriate monitoring.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and the ability to, render care based on age, appropriateness and developmental needs of patients.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years)
- Current license to practice nursing in country of origin and with the DHA
- BLS certification
- PALS/ACLS preferred
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in Endoscopy specialty
- Private hospital experience preferred