Advanced Process Control Engineer – EMEA region
As an Advanced Process Control Engineer you will be at the heart of custom application delivery teams that use Rockwell Automation’s advanced analytics and model predictive control products to create online applications to improve our client’s manufacturing processes. You will assess the client’s process, develop mathematical models that can be used to predict system behavior and configure online applications that use knowledge to calculate process setpoints to dynamically control product quality, production capacity and energy usage.
As part of our delivery team you will be responsible for the full technical implementation of the projects assigned to you from preliminary design through completion of commissioning and customer acceptance. You will cover all aspects of the technical implementation including supporting hardware installation and system integration.
The work is fast paced, demanding, and provides unparalleled exposure to unique opportunities. The learning curve and be quite steep at times, but our team will help you develop a broad set of skills and enable you to explore areas that are of interest to you. Our focus is on helping clients extract value from their software solutions, not just making the technology work. No two projects are the same – ability to learn quickly and be a problem solver is a must!
Perform technical project activities (design, system integration and installation, data analysis and modeling, application development, site installation, commissioning, etc.) as assigned by the Regional Technical Manager (RTM)
Identification to RTM of technical issues that impact project performance (scope creep, delays, requested change orders, etc.)
Provide RTM with project information related to cost performance against plan, any performance guarantee status, etc.
Support the RTM’s documentation of best practices for the use in the development applications
Provide product, engineering and application support to service existing clients including: Periodic system and application health checks, performance analyses and develop reports to document findings, and follow-up on recommendations to sustain and maximize the value of our applications
- Support market development activities and participate in sales closure activities as requested by team
- Support the project staffing process to maximize overall delivery department margin
- Customer-focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers’ business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to help develop solutions and ensure stakeholders buy-in
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with flexibility and a deep commitment to client service
Requirements & Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent degree in chemical engineering or other engineering with heavy modeling, statistics or process control focus
- Strong interest in automation, process control and advanced model-predictive applications
- Some manufacturing experience in the process industries
- Exposure to instrumentation, industrial control systems and supervisory control applications
- Exposure to advanced process control implementation or business case development
- Familiarity with DCS (SCADA, HMI, etc.) and/or PLC configuration
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time, typically 1- or 2-week trips
- Self-motivated with organizational skills
- Strong communication in English, both written and verbal
- Relocation will not be provided
- Applicants must be eligible to work in EU and/or GCC region
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience as a process or control engineer in a manufacturing environment
- An advanced career in chemical engineering or other engineering with heavy modeling, statistics, or process control focus
- Experience with industrial computing, networking, OPC and ODBC/SQL data communications
- Foreign language skills advantageous