The job specifications are listed below. (This is an overview of the role and is not exhaustive. All post holders will not routinely undertake all functions. The MOE reserves the right to assign other duties commensurate with the grade as required.)
- Quality assure teaching and learning resources, equipment and furniture and develop informative guidance on the effective use thereof.
- Assess the quality of teaching and learning, the quality of the learning environment, the effectiveness of the implementation of the curriculum and the quality of leadership in kindergartens.
- Develop appropriate observational assessment tools to assess children’s levels of achievement against child development curriculum outcomes.
- Conduct support visits to kindergartens to provide bespoke advice on developmentally appropriate practice to leaders and teaching personnel.
- Identify training needs and design appropriate training materials including tasks for the learning communities, projects for leaders, themed workshops, training materials and videos.
- Develop publishable materials including curriculum framework guidance, teacher’s guides, assessment tools and moderation exemplification.
- Participate in developing national guidelines or policies as required including teacher and school leader evaluations, internal quality assurance and school improvement procedures.
- Design and implement effective intervention strategies to improve the quality of provision in Early Childhood settings.
- Participate in designing, implementing and evaluating progress against departmental targets.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the department including proposing innovative and creative solutions and new initiatives.
- Share best practice with colleagues within the team and provide support as necessary.
- Use knowledge and expertise to support other departments in reviewing applications for new private nurseries, government entity nurseries and schools.
- Represent the MOE locally, regionally and nationally on departmental visits as required.
- Demonstrate and embed the MOE’s core values, including achieving excellence, and behaving with integrity at all times.
- An Early Childhood Education and Care Expert requires:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a senior role within a school or Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) setting.
- Teaching or Early Childhood Education and Care experience for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience in one or more of the following field in the Early Childhood Setting:
- International and national assessments and moderation of outcomes
- Curriculum Design
- Leadership training
- Quality Improvement and support
- Teacher training and certification
- Accreditation and evaluation
- Writing regulations, laws, bylaws and decrees
- Masters Degree or PhD in a relevant subject - Education or Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Qualified as teacher or ECEC professional.
Required Professional Attributes:
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- IT skills including data analysis and working with online platforms.
- Committed to continued professional development.
- Self-reflective and proactive attitude with a positive disposition.
- Creative and innovative.
- Driving license and willingness to travel.
Salary & Packages:
TAX FREE SALARY AED 35000 to AED 45000
One Time Flight.
Interested Candidates to submit their Cv's to Abdulla at
Minimum Application Requirements
Qualification: Minimum Qualification Requirement: M.Ed, B.Ed or a relevant Bachelors Degree with a PGCE/PGDE (QTS) Experience: 10 Years Type of Staff: Male or Female can apply to this job Must be western trained (USA, Canada, UK, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand & South Africa) Must be a native speaker of English Newly Qualified Teachers are NOT considered Prefer candidates with international experience Open University qualification(s) are NOT accepted Teachers with a degree but no teaching qualification are NOT accepted Experienced teachers with no qualification are NOT accepted Non-western trained teachers who have worked in an international educational institute before are NOT accepted