About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed.That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth.Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere,
to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Temporary Position (6 months)
Purpose of the Job:
To provide administrative assistance to the Purchasing function of Supply Chain while ensuring materials are ordered at best possible rate, delivered on time, in right quantity & quality; within set KPI’s and assist Purchasing Manager as required.
University Degree / Specialised Supply Chain Diploma such as MCIPs
Experienced individual contributor (specialist operational/technical role, or experienced professional). Works independently, with limited supervision. Problems faced may be difficult but can be addressed within an established framework
- Review & respond to MRP expediting messages & urgent enquiries on a daily basis; review and release planned purchasing recommendation within set authority limits
- Interpret material requisitions & orders from internal departments
- Proper review on product details whether it match the requirement & savings scope while processing orders
- Issuance of Purchase Orders based on best price and lead time to meet before deadline
- Confirmation of Purchase Orders with Suppliers and updating of delivery terms; Ensure PO’s are delivered on time and expedite overdue PO’s with suppliers
- Proper co-ordination with key stakeholders in order to meet their demand and request on time
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems related to on-time delivery, lead times or quality of supplies
- Liaison with freight forwarding companies and logistics department for collection of shipment, freight and delivery to Jebel Ali and sites; follow up on delivery status
- Coordination with Workshop/Stores and sites on various purchasing related issues.
- Handling Capex requisitions for standard items raised by Fleet & Asset management team
- Play a pivotal role in ensuring correct quality goods and services are ordered at best possible Total Cost and delivered on time
- Proper coordination with stores & suppliers to solve delivery discrepancies on received items
- Analyze with existing suppliers to understand their key operational problems
- Provide weekly consolidated Open POs report to Purchasing Manager for the allotted suppliers
- Works to achieve defined set of KPI’s
- Ensuring compliance with Purchasing Processes
- Preparation of documents for Equipment’s & materials, including as per PDP (Project data pack), mobilisation sheet & final pick list, and technical documentation.
- Prepare material for the Depot mobilisation / Events as per BOM list from Engineering / Projects team.
- Update the mobilisation / demob sheet / invoice packing list tracker for depot /events mobilisation and operational shipments.
- Liaise with Logistics, Technical, Finance and Product Marketing teams where appropriate to provide the proper Supply Chain input on projects in progress
- Provide support to other regions as required
- Displays a commitment to Operational Excellence activities.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- Accurate with figures
- Knowledge of basic software applications (Word, Excel…)
- Experienced in ERP systems
- Operating MRP System
- Excellent knowledge of Electrical, mechanical and hardware items.
- Able to work under pressure
- Supplier Management & Negotiation skills
- Skill & ability to work on multiple tasks
- Good written, oral & interpersonal communication skills
- Technical knowledge
- Sourcing & analytical skills