Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin has an exciting full-time career opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior HVDC Cable E ngineer to build a career in the area of Power Systems. The resource will report to our Montreal, QC (Canada) center of excellence and will be assigned on-location to a project in Riyadh (KSA) or Abu Dhabi (UAE).
The candidate will work in a fast-paced international consulting environment with excellent career growth opportunities.
Must be available for regular national, international and overseas business travel.
This position reports to the Project/Area Manager.
How will you contribute to the team?
Working in collaboration with the HVDC Team to prepare the following deliverables / provide the following engineering services (non-exhaustive list):
- HVDC Cable system performance specifications (and comprehensive specifications of underground and submarine cables and accessories);
- HVDC transition station and equipment specifications;
- Determination and review of cable routing and right of way;
- Review of marine surveys (bathymetric, geotechnical, environmental, etc.);
- Design and application of underground and submarine cable technology;
- Detailed design reviews of O.E.M. design documentation and drawings;
- Detailed design for cable accessories and related equipment (joints, terminations, DTS, cable monitoring system, etc.);
- On-site cable laying and Commissioning supervision;
- Factory testing supervision;
- Client interfacing, and providing expertise in HV cable systems;
- Feasibility and Techno-economic studies;
- Supporting the business development team (proposals, presentations, strategy, etc.).
- Cable Engineer will also be called upon to work on High Voltage AC cables.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Offshore Engineering, from a recognized institution;
- 10+ years of relevant experience, particularly related to HV underground and submarine cable design/installation;
- Field experience in the installation of underground and submarine cables;
- Exceptional academic, extracurricular and professional record;
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities with a focus achieving results;
- Team player with great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Client focused, highly autonomous, and ability to work under pressure;
- Eligibility for registration with a Professional Order of Engineers.
- Fluency in English language, both spoken and written. Additional languages will be considered an asset;
- Availability for international assignments;
- Proficiency in the following software tools (an asset): CYMCAP.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording. At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.