Atkins (a member of the SNC Lavalin Group) has provided unrivalled technical expertise and support to the oil and gas industry for more than three decades. Our highly skilled teams are leading technical developments across the globe. We combine innovation, ingenuity and best practice through all our services. We are committed to excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions, technical excellence and respect for the environment.
Our Structural Integrity Management (SIM) team is involved in advanced structural analyses and integrity management of fixed offshore structures.
This is a great opportunity for talented engineers to gain technical experience within an internationally renowned consultant delivering projects around the globe.
To fill our current openings, we are inviting talented engineers with 10-15 years of experience (Senior Engineer) to join our SIM team with the following responsibilities and requirements:
- Act as Technical Lead on projects with responsibility of delivery to organisation and project quality delivery requirements
- Support in the preparation of technical proposals and manhour estimates
- Effective communication of results and conclusions to clients, either through presentations or reports
- Supervise and Guide Graduate Engineers while performing structural analyses
- Undertake and Check strength, fatigue and ultimate analysis of fixed offshore structures
- Undertake hand calculations to supplement and refine analysis package generated code checks and structural behaviours.
- B.Sc. or Equivalent in Structural, Mechanical, or Offshore engineering
- 10-15 years of experience in Structural Integrity Assessments of Offshore Structures
- Thorough understanding of Structural Theories (including Structural Dynamics, Non-linear Material Behaviour and Finite Element Methods)
- Experience in performing strength, fatigue and pushover analyses
- Familiar with ISO 19902, API RP 2A, AISC-365 and DNV recommended practices
- Experienced in using SESAM analysis Packages
Desibrable Technical Requirements
- M.Sc. or Equivalent in Structural, Mechanical or Offshore engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
- Experience in performing accidental impact, time-history, detailed finite element assessments
- Experience in Integrity Management of Structures, Life extension and Risk Based Inspections
- Experience in using ABAQUS and/or ANSYS Finite Element Analysis Packages
- Experienced in using SACS analysis Packages
Essential Behavioural Requirements
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Efficient Team Player
- Good time management skills and well organized
- Good English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Offshore survey visits are occasionally required
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.