Crown Worldwide Group
United Arab Emirates
Crown Fine Art provides dedicated logistics support to museums, institutions, galleries, auction houses and private collectors. Coordinating touring exhibitions, transporting individual works or whole collections, while always providing the highest standards of care – transporting art safely around the world.
At the heart of Crown Fine Art are specialists with a dedication and passion for the fine art business – everyone involved has the skills and experience to ensure the safety of the art in their care.
Crown Fine Art is looking for a full time Art Technician to join our team based in Dubai. The successful candidate will join a dynamic, professional, and diverse team with an excellent track record of success.
As an Art Technician, your main responsibility will be the safe handling, transportation and possibly installation of artworks, antiques and high-end furniture.
An Art Handler/ Driver’s key responsibilities:
Working as an Art Handler/ Driver, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for carrying out exceptional care when handling, packing, and transporting antique items.
- You will be responsible for the safe and secure wrapping and packing of artworks, antiques, and other high-end items.
- One of your primary focus and high priority responsibility will always be the safety of both property and people.
- You will be responsible for routine condition reporting.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all property is accounted for whilst in our vehicles and/or the warehouse, and any missing or damaged items are to be reported immediately to a manager.
- You will need to adhere to deadlines for installations, de-installations, exhibitions, and transport of property.
- You will be required to maintain a high level of personal presentation at all times, ensuring compliance with the department’s standard procedures and safety requirements.
- You will be required to complete any relevant training that is required of you, including refresher training when necessary.
- You will be responsible for ensuring accident report forms are completed if an incident were to occur.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Handler/ Driver:
- Skilled in packing, wrapping and handling artwork and antiques is essential.
- Previous experience within an art handling job is essential.
- A Driving licence and the knowledge/ability to drive at least a 3-tonne truck.
- A high level of attention to detail and organisational skills are essential.
- The ability to ensure the security and safety of a client’s property is crucial.
- The ability to work well within a team, displaying excellent communication skills with clients and staff from multiple departments.
- A flexible approach to work is required, as often over time is necessary to complete work.
- The ability to undertake regular heavy lifting comfortably and safely.
- Computer and literacy skills are essential.
At Crown we pride ourselves with the quality we deliver and values we stand by.
- We are CARING about people and their experience
- Always DETERMINED to do our best and to always keep improving
- We are genuinely THERE when our customers and colleagues need us
- We encourage the SHARING of knowledge amongst each other
- We continuously remain OPEN-MINDED to stay innovative
Equal Employment Opportunity
Crown is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Crown welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates eligible to live and work in the designated geographical region. We are committed to diversity, and to employee well-being, engagement, and development.