Job Description Summary:
Designs, develops, maintains, and administers compensation programs, systems and processes. Provides internal consulting services on pay, job design and classification in individual, business and regulatory matters. Leads ad hoc project teams. Communicates with, educates and trains customers on compensation and classification matters. Coordinates enterprise compensation program approvals, deviations or changes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself,
for our customers and for the world.
No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Not an export control position
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
We have an opportunity for a Total Rewards Lead to join The Boeing Company's Total Rewards (TR) group to provide real-time consultation to HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and business leaders in the Middle East and Africa for all areas within Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits).
Based out of Dubai the role will be responsible for ensuring Voice of the Business input to the Total Rewards center of excellence (COE) team regarding strategies, program design, process, and communications to optimize the impact of the company’s investment in TR. This position will partner with the Compensation and Benefits (C&B;) strategy and process teams to develop business focused TR strategies and solutions. This critical role will partner in developing holistic compensation and benefit solutions and proactively bring insights and anticipate future trends to ensure Total Rewards programs and plans are outcome driven, market competitive, cost-effective and enable talent and business objectives at all levels for all Boeing employees across the region.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Ensure that Boeing has locally competitive C&B; programs that meet business objectives.
- Ensure progressive harmonization of C&B; programs across all Boeing Businesses as appropriate to support/facilitate talent mobility across the region.
- Provide internal consulting services as a subject matter expert on pay, promotions, job design/classification, new position offers and benefit programs in individual, business and regulatory matters. Provide guidance and recommendations to Managers and Human Resources on all compensation and benefits issues. Communicate with, educate and train all levels of management and employees on compensation, classification and benefit matters.
- In coordination with C&B; process owners, develop and monitor local compensation and benefit strategies to maintain market competitive benefit programs. Participate in surveys and analyze information from third party benefit survey providers to identify changes in the market; formulate recommendations for compensation and benefits changes and provide rationale for benefit plan design changes and/or changes to benefit policies and procedures. Coordinate Business and Corporate program approvals, including legal review and business case for recommendations, and delivery on implementation schedules.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory actions that impact compensation and benefit plans to develop recommendations as appropriate. Interprets local laws regulating compensation and benefit practices.
- Review classification and compensation changes and makes recommendations within the classification system, qualifications of employee and company policy and budgetary limitations.
- Analyze jobs and reviews job descriptions and specifications and evaluate jobs to establish externally competitive and internally equitable compensation rates.
- Participate in local/international project teams with cross-functional representation as needed.
- Audit and monitor performance metrics and standards for compensation and benefit programs.
- Provide an advocacy role for employees with concerns related to benefit plans and resolve those concerns.
- Working with HR Service Delivery document the Statement of Work for vendors. Working with Boeing Global Broker, Supplier Management and HR Service Delivery support benefit contract negotiations; audit vendor/carrier compliance to performance standards; represent the Company position in negotiations regarding benefits contracts, develop performance standards; discuss benefit contract terms, manage Request For Pricing process for new vendors/carriers and develop quality improvement plan as necessary.
- Research and prepares ad hoc reports, as required, compile benefit data for audits and other legal inquiries, as directed by the Law Department, review and analyze benefit data; respond to general inquiries, audits, document requests; prepare draft response for approval by management and submission to requesting agency.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree and typically more than 8 years' relevant work experience,
- Proven experience working in a dynamic Global Company across various compensation and benefits programs and strategies
- Successfully recommended and delivered on large scale compensation and benefits strategy, programs and projects
- Extensive and specialized knowledge of applicable Compensation and Benefits Practices, Market Trends and application of required local labor laws as it relates to Compensation
- Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources with clients, customers and/or suppliers.
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with internal / external stakeholders globally through calls and discussions would be a pre-requisite for the role together with excellent project and time management skills.
- Effective influencing skills working with managers and supervisors.
- Middle East regional experience
- Demonstrated experience in effective verbal and written and written communication e.g. Listens to and works to understand others needs or requirements. Communicates confidently and persuasively with a clear sense of audience and appropriate tone. Demonstrates logical thought processes in communications. Articulates complex issues in a concise and readily understood manner. Articulates thoughts in a clear, effective and organized manner.
- This position will be required to travel (approximately 10%), and work in a global team with regular participation in international calls/ meetings, which will include outside of standard business hours.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Working in a Regional/ International Team, with experience contributing and rolling out of globally developed strategy and projects
- Experience with Workday HR Systems
- Mergers & Acquisition/ integration experience
- Understanding of local norms and culture, and Arabic language
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE law. Employment is subject to the candidate's ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities.
Individual Contributor - 4