UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Implement and manage the assessment program of the College in accordance with national and international assessment standards.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities related to exam preparation; explain requirements concisely and clearly; interpret statistical data; keep records and prepare reports; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Responsible for multiple block/courses at a given time.
Planning and Execution:
- Prepare a generic blueprint for block(s)/course(s) assigned
- Align all assessment items according to the blueprint and ready for assessment preparation
- Format and type examination paper in collaboration with Block/Course Chief Coordinator/ coordinators. (as appropriate)
- Responsible for test scoring both electronic and/or manual as appropriate;
- Maintain database of test use and scores.
- Perform psychometric analysis using available tools and equipment.
- Ensure the timely and accurate presentation of assessments results and reports.
Maintenance and Quality Control:
- Store, maintain and retrieve all assessment items in a local bank/database
- Ensure all items received are accurate, in proper format, and free of any technical flaws
- Perform other job related duties within ability as required and as instructed.
- Responsible for safeguarding the data from unauthorized access and abuse through established security and authorization procedures.
- Responsible management of data and systems, including data entry, auditing and reporting.
- Responsible for implementing backup and retention plans.
- Complying with all security-related procedures pertaining to any Assessment Information Resource to which they have authorized access or any information derived therefrom that they possess.
- Providing appropriate physical security for equipment, storage media, and physical data.
- Should immediately notify his/her cognizant Assessment Units Supervisor of any incident that may cause a security breach or violation of this policy.
- B.A. in any discipline.
- Five years' experience in administering, scoring, and interpreting results for a variety of tests in an educational setting preferably Health Profession education.
- Must have excellent IT Skills and variety of software (Microsoft, Statistical) and experience with various office equipment, such as Optical Mark Readers, copiers, printers, fax and scanners.
- Have knowledge of modern assessment, psychometric methods tools and procedures.
Have ability to:
- Work in a confidential fast-paced environment 2. Organize large amounts of data from several sources 3. Multitask in a high-volume environment
Problem Solving and Decision Taking:
- Excellent problem-solving and superior interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within position’s scope of authority
Focusing on Targets and Results:
- Have excellent administrative and organizational skills and be capable of prioritizing work to deliver high standards in a demanding environment with conflicting deadlines.
- Supply information in a timely basis using appropriate reporting mechanisms and according to agreed service standards.
- Adjust plans, workload and priorities as demands change to get the job done and devise solutions when difficulties are met.
Language and Communications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbally, written and comprehension)
- Communicate clearly, confidently and respectfully with colleagues at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Division College of Medicine&Health; Sciences
Department Medical Education - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff Salary 6000 to 15000 AED